Welcome to the YMCA Exeter Project Resource
The leadership of the YMCA is committed to developing a new facility that it can build and operate in a fiscally responsible and sustainable manner. The Southern District YMCA has purchased the 56 Linden Street property in Exeter and the construction plans for the new YMCA to be built in strategic phases over a number of years are currently underway.
LATEST CAMPAIGN NEWS
PROVIDENT BANK DONATION ANNOUNCED AND FACILTIY PLANS UNVEILED
June 2014 - Provident Bank demonstrated there commitment as a community bank with a $250,000 donation to Exeter Area YMCA project. Plans for the 33,000 square foot facililty located at 56 Linden Street were unveiled to the public. Click here for the full story.
ECCA DONATES OVER $26K TO YMCA IN EXETER
October 2013 - In a strong show of support, the board of the Exeter Center for Creative Arts (ECCA) voted to dissolve as a separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit and donate its remaining funds to the YMCA capital campaign. Click here for the full story.
12 EXETER AREA NEW CAR DEALERS GIVE GENEROUSLY TO THE YMCA EXETER PROJECT
August 2013 - An award of $250,000 was generously made by the Exeter Area New Car Dealers Association. Their generous donation represents the first lead gift in the $3.5M campaign to build a multi generational YMCA facility in Exeter. On Tuesday, August 20, a special presentation was formally made to the Y during the Car Dealers 21st Annual Golf Tournament. Governor Hassan was part of the award ceremony. Click here for to learn more.
ABOUT THE YMCA
At the Y, we have always known that positive change only comes when we invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. The form in which the Southern District YMCA delivers its programs and activities and fulfills its historic mission of community service is driven by the support provided by generous families, individuals and organizations in the area.
THE Y IMPACT
The Southern District YMCA fosters genuine connections, personal growth, and well being for all through programs and services that focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
THE Y HISTORY
The Southern District YMCA has been serving area youth and families since 1926 out of Kingston, NH. While camping has historically been a primary focus, after school programs, health and wellness, leadership, teen and family programming has filled the community void. Since 1926, over 150,000 youth and 10,000 staff have spent part of their life building healthy spirit, body and mind in the Y tradition through Southern District YMCA programs.
In today's environment, we face increased pressure to demonstrate our impact. That's why we have grouped programs and services into three areas of focus.
- Youth Development – Young people need caring adults to provide support, guidance and encouragement as they grow.
- Healthy Living – Wellness in spirit, mind and body strengthens our very being, and enhances our interactions with others.
- Social Responsibility – We truly are in this together, and together we can harness our individual strengths and bring about positive change around us.
THE Y MISSION
The mission of the Southern District YMCA is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy mind, body and spirit for all.
Southern District YMCA fulfills its mission while meeting the ever changing community needs through five distinct program areas:
- Camp Lincoln provides summer camp for youth aged 3 to 18 years through day camp, on-site and off-site specialty camps, art-focused camps, adventure trips and youth leadership counselor-in-training programs.
- School Age Child Care operates before and after school care in 14 elementary schools and at the YMCA in Exeter. School Age Child Care also runs specialty field-trip camps during teacher in-service days and school vacations.
- Y-Arts brings the creative and performing arts to life. The Y-Arts mission is to provide high quality arts education and resources for people of all ages and abilities in the community. The Exeter Academy of Dramatic Arts delivers continuing education programs in the performing arts to middle and high school students.
- Group Retreats is a collaboration between YMCA Outdoor Education staff and community leaders—school teachers, business managers, scout troops and other non-profits—who are seeking an experience to build a team, grow leaders and instill confidence in an outdoor setting.
- Community Programs is the outreach of the YMCA to engage as much of the community as possible in its mission of building a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
THE Y VALUES
We impart core values of caring, responsibility, honesty and respect into all of our programs.
Caring To put the needs of others above myself.
Responsibility To be accountable for my attitudes and actions.
Honesty To have integrity by being truthful and trustworthy in every part of life.
Respect To value others, treating them as I want to be treated.
At the Y, we have always known that positive change only comes about when we invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. That is why we are here.